Saturday 30 July 2011

Help with fabric search please...

This week, along with a couple of other train projects, I have been working on my version of the Spratley Quilt - a little bit of unpicking, a little bit more fabric buying, a little bit more searching through the stash... and I have hit a problem. Back in March, I bought 0.5 metre of the fabric below and... well now I need more! but I cannot find it here in the UK.


It is from the Sturbridge Village Browns collection and it also appeared in the Sturbridge Village Classics collection by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers in about 2008. I have trawled the web this morning using various search methods, trying to find a quilt shop that might still have some. I found one website, but since it appears not to have updated its site since 2009 and has only about 8 fabrics in its catalogue, I am rather loathed to give my credit card details over to them.

In the hopes that someone reads this message and are visiting their local quilt stores, could you please keep an eye open for it, for me? As I am using it for flower and leaf stems, I would still be interested even if it is a fat/thin quarter.

Many thanks everyone and keeping everything crossed.

More to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if you've found any yet - came across your posting while searching for a Judie Rothermel fabric myself.

    Came across the one you're looking for here:

    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-2-yd-Cut-Cotton-Fabric-Rothermel-Sturbridge-Collection-Browns-Tans-Floral-/260971029351?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item3cc315e367

    ReplyDelete