Tuesday 4 September 2012

Festival of Quilts 2012 - Part 3

An assortment of Quilts that took my eye and some more winners including the Best in Show!

Quilters' Guild Challenge
Theme - Britain what it means to me
My Home, My Heart, My Country
Hilary Beattie, Lincoln
I particularly liked her choice of fabrics

Winner of the European Award Quilters' Guild Challenge
Inspired by the Order of the Garter
Laura di Cera, Bologna, Italy

Winner of the Quilters' Guild Challenge
Cherry Vernon-Harcourt, Saffron Walden
Inspired by the Norfolk hedgerows in Spring


Group Quilts
Scandinavian Journey
Cowslip Workshops, Launceston, Cornwall

Close-up of Scandinavian Journey

Winner of Group Quilts and Best in Show

The Quilters' Games
The "No-Name" Quilters, Chester
Close-up of The Quilters Bolt panel
Close-up of Synchronised Swimming panel
Close-up of Balance Bars panel
Close-up of Team Pursuit panel

Close-up of Tossing the Iron panel
Close-up of Quilt Show Jumping panel

Close-up of Rotary Relay panel

Close-up of Tacking Around the Needles panel
A very clever panel full of puns. The Needles are chalk stacks off the
Isle of Wight off the south coast of England and of course
tacking is a sailing term.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed looking at all the pictures of the quilts that took my eye.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment