Monday 2 February 2009

Monday, 2nd February, 2009



My first blog entry!


I have been home all day due to a snowstorm that swept in from Russia yesterday morning. So, I thought I would take the opportunity to develop my first blog - so bear with me!

It hasn't stopped snowing all day and I now have 7" of snow outside and the temperatures are plummeting so it will be icey tomorrow.

Public transport is at a stand-still with no train services into/out of London nor are there any bus services within the capital, although our local busmen are doing a great job and have operated a service for most of the day!




I live at the bottom of the North Downs and a hill rises up steeply behind the village. Today it has been covered with children and their Dads sledging, skiing and snow-boarding down the slopes - a rare sight for the south-east of England.






























No comments:

Post a Comment